CottageGrove.net Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» CottageGrove.net » LTD RIDERS' FORUM » VOTE IN OUR POLL -- Should the LTD schedule be changed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOTE IN OUR POLL -- Should the LTD schedule be changed?
administrator
Administrator
Member # 1

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for administrator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you like to see the LTD schedule changed? Vote in our poll if you are in favor of changing the current LTD schedule to Cottage Grove, Creswell and Eugene by adding more pick-up and drop-off times.

Note: You must be a registered user and logged on to vote in the poll or review the results! Registration is quick and easy.

[ April 02, 2006, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: administrator ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 6 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobby
Member # 175

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ridership is good. More busses would allow more folks to utilitze the services to work and attend school in Eugene. I've taken the bus to work from CG. It took 2 hours to make the trip and I had to change buses 3 times. I drive it in 20 minutes. A bus trip home would be impossible because of the limited busses routed to CG in the evening.

I'd love to take the bus (gas prices are through the roof) if my trip could even be cut down to 1 hour each way.

Local merchants would benefit with more routes because their patrons would be able to get to more jobs (paycheck) and more students could get to and from LCC/UO (better paychecks).

Thanks for the forum.

Posts: 1 | From: CG | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim evangelista
Member # 168

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim evangelista   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ May 15, 2006, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: jim evangelista ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jim evangelista
Member # 168

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jim evangelista   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks, Bobby, for your posting.

First, I'm glad this forum is here for your voice to be heard.

The fact that many of the riders on the busline either have little to no access to the internet, or they are not inclined to use the Forum model. This can be based on lifestyle, habits and/or schedule which may preclude regular postings on bulletin boards like this. Cultural or personal comfort with using the internet on any regular basis is a factor in trying to participate in or pull off an effort like this.

It has been suggested that we start up a printed version of the Rider's Forum. Perhaps a monthly newsprinted format may reach the broader rider community. I'm working on getting a good printing rate and make it happen ASAP. For now, this is here, though, so, thanks for using it !

Second, I wonder when the tipping point will kick in and folks begin seeing LTD ridership as a public service that requires a reciprocal conversation with those who make the decisions that affect our livelyhoods and the business pulse of our community.

A Rider's Union seems to be a powerful answer to this situation. Thoughts ?

[ April 29, 2006, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: jim evangelista ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CottageGrove.net | Privacy Statement

Copyright CottageGrove.net Do not reproduce any portion of this website without permission.