CottageGrove.net Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» CottageGrove.net » PEOPLE FINDER » relations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: relations
lostchild
Member # 275

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostchild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking for Pearl(kitty)Pittman) widow of Richard D.Pittman. I am a relative, and would very much like to make contact with her as soon as possible.
Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostchild
Member # 275

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostchild   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, it's lostchild. I had been looking for Pearl Pittman.
She's not lost. She has chosen not to call or write to me, her daughter. Which is just one more rejection by her.But I'm still praying it will happen!
If anyone reading this attends the C.G. AA group knew my step father Richard Pittman I'd apreciate hearing about it. H You can't give up his anonemity since he died last year. His obit said he'd served your group for 20 years.I'd very much like to know anything I can about him. I have been clean & sober for 16 years. I attend AA meetings in Bakersfield,CA.

Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostchild
Member # 275

Rate Member
Hi again,
I would sure love to get a reply. Evidently no one in C.G. knows my mother/knew my step father. Or you don't feel comfortable writing me.
There's alot more to this story than meets the eye, but I'm trying to respect her privacy by not posting it here. I have not seen Pearl or Richard Pittman for about 45 years. While I realize that she has the right to live her life as she pleases. I was not adopted and I feel that I have the right to enquire about my mother.
I have medical questions. And I would dearly love to know her. At this time she is 75 years old.
The fact that my step father Richard was with the C.G. AA group is quite encouraging to me,though he's passed on. I remember him as being mean to my sisters and I. Knowing that he had a drinking problem helps me to understand the situation, and to avoid getting a resentment.
I'm working my own program of recovery, and have been clean & sober for 16 years. But I just discovered my mother's whereabouts after 4 decades, and I have unfinished business. But I would love for it to be taken care of. So that this part of my past will no longer be a mystery, and I would be able to feel like I'm as good as everyone else. Knowing that I either have 2 parents that loved me. Or 1 parent that did and one that did not. A little clarification is required. Sincerely, lostchild.

lostchild
Member # 275

Rate Member
To anyone reading:
I have reached my mother Pearl Pittman. Got to speak to her on the phone for a long time,& she satisfied many long un-answered questions.
It looks like she also wants to be a part of my life,which has been lacking for so long.
I'm just ecstatic about this! And one of my other sisters is leery but willing to give her a chance.
I can feel that empty place in my heart starting to be filled.
If it weren't for AA and God, I never would have tried to reconcile with my mother. And cudos to my sis for doing that internet birth record search.
May God bless you like I've been blessed! (no longer)lostchild.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | CottageGrove.net | Privacy Statement

Copyright CottageGrove.net Do not reproduce any portion of this website without permission.